THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED DUE TO WEATHER/LOW VISIBILITY UNTIL SPRING OF 2024- NEW DATE TBA!
Notes for attendees:
- Bring picnic blankets, camp chairs or sit-upons for your comfort.
- This activity will be outside under the night sky- make sure you have comfortable shoes to move from one area to the other, and you’ve dressed for the temperature, this will be a chillier evening for sure.
- If you don’t have a flashlight on your phone, bring one to be sure of your footing.
- You’re welcome to bring a spyglass or telescope if you have one.
- Some stargazing maps and references will be provided.
- Outside alcohol is not permitted, but our Farm Store will be open during this event if you want to get beer, wine, sodas, sweets or savory snacks to enjoy!
Featured Speakers & Guides:
Steve is an astronomer, educator, and author who has done a lot of interesting things in his life, including teaching astronomy across the country, working for the Hubble Space Telescope and travelling around the world chasing solar eclipses. He is currently Director of the Deeptime Leadership Program at the Deeptime Network, and he loves being outdoors while sharing his passion for the universe and the night sky with others. If you want to learn about his other events and classes, click here!