||Key Account Manager
||980 Upward Rd Flat Rock, NC 28731 (With remote and travel work)
||Full Time Salary
Benefits: Paid Holidays, PTO, Leave, Group Benefits (employee paid), Ancillary Benefits
WHO WE ARE
Hickory Nut Gap is a rapidly growing company based on our fourth-generation family farm in Fairview, NC. At Hickory Nut Gap, we believe that we all thrive from the ground up. Our role in the world is deliver customers delicious meat that regenerates land, respects livestock, and creates resilient communities. That is why we offer Regeneratively Raised 100% grass-fed beef, pasture raised heritage cross breed pork, and pasture raised chicken to retailers, restaurants, and to our members’ doors. All of our products are humanely raised and never given antibiotics or added hormones ever.
Hickory Nut Gap believes in a better world, and we’re inviting everyone to come along. For us, better means treating our planet with respect. It means improving the lives of animals and the livelihoods of farmers. At the end of the day, all these relationships equal delicious, flavor raised meat. Our team is made up of people who collaborate, support, and have fun with each other. We’re always looking for outstanding people to join our team and fulfill our mission!
The Key Account Manager is based out of the Hickory Nut Gap Meats warehouse in Flat Rock, NC. The position primarily works from home/remote and on the road.
The Key Account Manager coordinates collaboration among departments to manage current accounts and new business. The role requires regular travel, primarily within the region, to retail and distribution partners.
- Develop and nurture relationships with key customers. Acts as primary point-of-contact and also responsible for demonstrating that each customer is fully supported by a collaborative team – including CEO, Marketing, Operations and Finance.
- P&L (Profit & Loss) and forecasting responsibility for assigned customers. To be measured against revenue, margin, profitability, inventory, and forecast variances.
- Develop and execute plans for long-term growth. Have a clearly defined approach and playbook for expanding sales with existing customers and acquiring new accounts.
DAILY OVERSIGHT AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primary point-of-contact to build and maintain rapport with key customers and distributors. Brings in other departments to provide a collaborative approach to sales relationships.
- Negotiates price, terms, and orders with guidance from the Leadership team
- Proposes and develops measurable trade promotions, collaborating and seeking input from Marketing, Operations and Finance.
- Collaborates with Marketing to assess needs and drive velocity at existing customers.
- Develops and maintains effective sales forecasting approach. Coordinates with Operations team to ensure effective production planning.
- Updates utilization document for each harvest with regular sales forecasts for assigned customers.
- Develops and maintains a sales calendar. This includes category reviews, business reviews and other key events for assigned customers.
- Project manage onboarding of new business through collaboration with other departments.
- Provides weekly reporting to Director of Marketing & Sales with updates on existing customers and progress of leads.
- Works with Director of Marketing & Sales to build annual sales plan.
- Leads inter-departmental collaboration for new customer onboarding needs.
- Provides customer insights to internal team to inform Pricing, Shopper Marketing, and other business decisions.
- Conducts regular price Surveys at assigned customers and broader competitors.
- Participates in trade shows and other customer/sales events.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- 5+ years sales experience in perishable food sales, ideally within the meat industry.
- Experience with distribution partners and brokers preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively as a team member with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently with quality outputs.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while efficiently and effectively managing competing priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to travel regularly.
- Microsoft Excel experience required.
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.