||HNG Warehouse Flat Rock, NC
||Part Time to Full Time
Compensation: $23/hour +
Benefits: Paid Holidays, PTO, Leave, Group Benefits (employee paid), Ancillary Benefits
Hickory Nut Gap is a rapidly growing company based on our fourth-generation family farm in Fairview, NC. At Hickory Nut Gap, we believe that we all thrive from the ground up. We’ve been focused on raising food by valuing the land and animals. That’s why we offer 100% grass-fed, grass-finished beef, and pasture raised heritage breed pork to retailers, restaurants, and to our members’ doors. All of our products are humanely raised and never given antibiotics or added hormones ever. And we believe we can grow as a leader in the regenerative agriculture we’ve practiced for generations.
Hickory Nut Gap believes in a better world, and we’re inviting everyone to come along. For us, better means treating our planet with respect. It means improving the lives of animals and the livelihoods of farmers. At the end of the day, all these relationships create delicious, flavor raised meat. Our team is made up of people who collaborate, support, and have fun with each other. We’re always looking for outstanding people to join our team and fulfill our mission!
The Inventory Accounting Analyst is a new position that will be instrumental in achieving key financial targets and our successful transition to a new ERP. This role will maintain accurate, real-time records of all inventory (both at our warehouse and at our 3rd party processors) as well as accurate tracking of the COGS from every LOT manufactured. This position reports to our Director of Finance and Accounting and will work closely with our Sales, Supply Chain and Operations teams. Ideal candidates will be exceptionally organized, detail oriented, have excellent communication skills, and poses a customer focus mindset.
- Maintain and execute analytical reviews to ensure completeness, accuracy, and proper valuation of inventory, item records and Cost of Goods
- Provide accounting support to business as assigned
- Under guidance from management & leadership create inventory targets, monitoring / analyzing expected performance, assisting with the coordination of next steps with cross functional teams
- Maintain Data integrity within ERP including but not limited to item setup, costs, pricing, inventory accuracy. Audit data flow and address issues that arise due to incorrect entries.
DAILY OVERSIGHT AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide support for costing issues related to data processing of the purchase of inventory.
- Work across departments to monitor inventory levels with expected Customer demand.
- Work collaboratively within and across departments to identify and develop process improvements that lead to more accurate, efficient, and sustainable outcomes.
- Support proactive analysis of various reports to deliver accurate and timely information.
- Perform purchasing data reviews, audit, and monitor daily purchase order and accounts payable reports.
- Address and resolve receiving, invoice, and purchase order issues; audit invoices as requested.
- Maintain inventory levels to achieve target service levels (Fill Rate and On-Time delivery) while minimizing distribution costs and reducing product obsolescence for assigned product categories.
- Ensure all accounting activities are completed with the highest level of control and integrity.
- Resolve purchasing order discrepancies with Operations and Purchasing Teams.
- Execute or assist with correcting receiving discrepancies and verifying discrepancies of drop-ship orders.
- Utilize planning techniques to predict and plan future demand on inventory.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Superior knowledge of product costing, inventory management
- Minimum 3 years experience in inventory control
- Knowledge and experience working in food manufacturing/distribution especially with fresh and further processed meat a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Suite
- Experience working with an integrated ERP system
- In-depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Comfortable in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to successfully work independently
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to lead or be a significant contributor to improvement projects
- Ability to work with, and gain cooperation from, people at all levels of the organization
TO APPLY: Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com