Under the first phase of Governor Roy Cooper’s plan to resume social and business activities during the pandemic, certain NC businesses have decided to reopen their doors to customers. Hickory Nut Gap has made the decision to maintain our current COVID-19 response plan. As food providers, we must take every precaution to keep providing this critical service to the public.
Our Farm Store and Wholesale Warehouse will remain open for business, maintaining our previous precautions to protect both our employees and our customers. Our ordering and pickup guidelines will remain as follows for Farm Store, CSA, and Wholesale Customers:
Farm Store and CSA Customers
- Only HNG staff are allowed in the Farm Store.
- All orders must be placed online.
- Pay for your order online the day before for next-day pickup, and before 7am for same-day pickup.
- If you are picking up your CSA or online order, please stay in your car, and we will bring your share out to you.
- All Farm Store staff will wear gloves and masks, changing gloves between customers.
- The Farm Store is open Thursday-Sunday from 1pm-4pm.
- We are also accepting EBT payments over the phone.
- We have stopped shipping for the time being.
Interested in placing an order?
Visit our Shop.
Over the last week, the COVID-19 pandemic has created enormous economic challenges on all sectors of the economy. Agriculture and food are seeing unprecedented growth as grocery stores scramble to fill their shelves while restaurants are shuttered. As a result, Hickory Nut Gap is being forced to make tough decisions about strategy without a good […]