Let it be known. You have successfully navigated to our NEW website and our blog. Feel free to share this password with anyone and everyone who would like to take advantage of our sale! Mention the phrase What is a Freedom Ranger? and receive 10% off your entire purchase at the farm store and all three farmers markets we attend from June 1-5th! So you’re wondering the answer -see you at the farm store or market for that!
The Lords Acre, Fairviews Garden for the Hungry, hosts a Square Dance May 29th , 5:00 – 10:30 (Rain Date: Sunday, May 30th ) at Hickory Nut Gap Farm &The Historic Sherrill’s Inn in Fairview.
Gourmet Dinner for Twelve at Sherrill’s Inn, Chartered Race-Cruiser Sailboat ride, Luxury House rental at Ocracoke Island, Dinners at local restaurants,Fly Fishing trips, Paddling trips, Hike with Gourmet Lunch,Horseback riding lessons and much more
Potluck Bring a dish to share Refreshments provided.Pony Rides,Kid’s Games, House tours of the historic inn
Suggested Donation $10 an individual, $20 per family.
Before tractors everyone plowed their fields with horses a skill passed down through generations. This is your chance to experience history in action. See first hand teams of horses plowing as we prepare our field for planting the corn maze and pumpkins. There will be sack races, egg toss, and other old- timey (as Cyrus would say) games for kids. As well as our famous in house face painter Jessica, see if you can stump her! Best of all admission is FREE and the food- ALL LOCAL (no 45 min wait this time) will be sponsored and offered by Park Ridge Hospital. Honor your father by bringing him home a grill pack free hand wrought steak turner while supplies last with each grill pack purchase! Y’all come.
Looking for a perfect, shady by the creek, mellow kind of place for your favorite youngins next birthday celebration. Try out our party shed complete with picnic tables and a roof, just completed, just in time. Cost is $100 to rent the space for your private party, parking directly nearby, and for another $75 you can “rent” our ponies for rides for all the kids-led and guided-of course. Let us know weekends are filling up fast!
September and October Party Shed rentals are $200 and include admission for up to 20 people.
For more information about event space rentals, please visit our Venue Locations page.
1. Test the soil ph. Add lots of organic matter.
2. Be the inagural farm for the Crop Mob West. Over 20 “mobbers” showed up in an overcast post rainy day to donate their time and tools to help get 500 blueberries of seven different varieties in the ground. Shew, that was a weeks worth of work done in four hours.
3. Feed them well, steak dinner at the Big House, and get them warm and dry afterwards.
4. Receive the news that there just isn’t enough organic matter although we thought there was and that the plants aren’t going to do well without more. Stand up tall, swallow it, get up the courage to tell your employees we have to do it again.
5. Motivate your sullen employees that yes it’s true we have to replant 500 blueberries but its going to be worth it!
6. Add more mulch, till it in, plant blueberries, muclh the rows.
7. We did it! Cheers to blueberry cobblers and many happy u-pickers in the years to come. An investment in happy pickers and crossing our fingers bountiful harvests.
Thanks to all who made this daunting task possible. We love you all.